Encore 2022-2023 Auditions
1. Sign up for an After-school Audition Time by Tuesday, May 10.
2. Complete the Student Audition Form and ask your parent/guardian to complete the Parent Form by Friday, May 6.
3. Encore Auditions, Tuesday, May 10 3:30-7pm
- Be prepared to sing one minute of a pop song memorized without a backing track or accompaniment.
- You will also be asked to vocalize and complete a series of pitch matching exercises.
- We will be checking for tone, musicality, range, tessitura, vocal tone and resonance, technique, sight-reading ability and pitch retention.
4. Encore Callbacks, Wednesday, May 11 3:30-6:30pm
- Singers will be given a piece of music. They will work together to learn the piece and make it performance-ready. Singers will then be placed in sections and voiced. We will be looking for self-motivated team players who learn quickly, work effectively and efficiently in small groups, sing with musical awareness and perform in balanced harmony with the other called-back singers.
- Singers will then learn a dance combination that they will perform in small groups. They will be asked to sing while dancing. We will be looking for singers who can learn movement and perform confidently and at a high level in a short amount of time.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Mr. Doucet - firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mr. Ramos - email@example.com.